Eternal Return is a choreographed, mixed reality exhibition exploring the future of memory.
Audiences explore a memory archive containing replicas from Earth’s deep past through to its post-anthropocene future. These replicas manifest as hyper-connected physical objects, digital spaces and acoustic environments.
The experience is one-to-one and performer-guided. Experience of the virtual is complemented by the performer’s delicate touch and digital presence within the work.
Designed to appeal to visitors from outside the headset as well as within, the stage-set takes the form of a beautiful, fragmented exhibition, giving a skeletal impression of the hidden virtual space inside.
Eternal Return is a collaboration with Swedish artist duo Lundahl & Seitl.
- Eternal Return premiered at STRP Festival, Eindhoven, April 2019.
- WELD, Stockholm, May 2019
- Göteborgs Konsthall, Gothenburg, August 2019
- SXSW Virtual Cinema, Austin, March 2020
- CPH:DOX, Copenhaghen, March 2020